What is Digital Marketing?
The simple explanation for Digital Marketing is that it is simply advertising through various digital channels.
“Ask your children, they know all about it. “
It encompasses all marketing that makes use of the internet or electronic devices.
Businesses have become very aware and tap into these digital channels such as search engines, social media, email or website based marketing in order to connect and reach their prospective customers. The opportunities digitally are endless.
Digital marketing has become vital for businesses in this day and age. Ensuring you have a website to promote your brand with a social media presence and a digital ad strategy is an absolute MUST! You are welcome to make use of our Digital Marketing guide for Beginners client Avatar sheet to assist you in building the right to reach an optimum strategy.
Consumers feed on digital content & marketing and rely on such mediums to learn more about a brand, service or product.
The fact is, if you want to become a competitive business owner in this era, digital marketing needs to be embraced and explored.
What are the types of digital marking?
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Native Advertising
- Online PR
- Email Marketing
- Sponsored Content
- Inbound Marketing
To get started with Digital marketing is fairly easy. Most online platforms make it easy to sign up and create your first campaign. To name a few, go have a look at Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Google Ads.
You can reach an enormous audience in a way that is both cost-effective and of course measurable. You can save money as a business & reach more customers for less money than with traditional marketing methods.
The difference to other marketing mediums is key factors to have a maximised return on investment. These key factors are;
- Performance Management, you can measure the performance of your ad at any time and optimise your reach or audience. This is something that cannot be done by traditional types of marketing.
- Audiences, here the simple truths are that reaching your potential clients has become as easy as clicking a button. With most social platforms you are able to get very specific how you want to reach and how these potential clients behave when it comes to online purchasing.
- Location, something that you should seriously consider is where you want to advertise. if you are a local business with only local clients, you will find that you can reach clients in many ways, through google my business it’s a simple task and should cost you nothing if one correctly. With Facebook, just as easy, you simply ad your location distance you are advertising in and your ad is running at your most optimum ROI results. Should your business have a reach of worldwide or countrywide, that is where you will benefit most. Advertising with traditional or offline marketing cannot offer you this advantage. You simply select the country that you want to reach and your ad is running in the location. Best is the cost aspect, there is no serious impact when it comes to currency differences nor suppliers. You remain in charge.
- The list goes on, Gender, Devices used, Age, etc. You have opened doors to channels never opened to explore this very selective audience selection.
Get to know your audience and allow them to get to know you personally, build that trust factor and create brand loyalty.
Digital Marketing is not something you should be afraid of. Go try it out and share your results with us.
For any assistance, Goldkey Technologies can guide you on this patch and assist with your Digital Strategy.